Friday, August 2, 2013

White Smoke Rises: The 12th Doctor Has Been Chosen

Either the new Doctor has been chosen, or this is how Moffat wrote "The Name of the Doctor"
The BBC has announced that the new Doctor has been chosen.  Sunday at 7PM (GMT) a special will air live that will announce the 12th Doctor, including interviews with 12, Matt Smith, and Steven Moffat.  Finally people's ridiculous and fruitless speculation about who the Doctor is going to be will come to an end.

 
This is just getting out of hand.
My hopes for Richard Ayoade getting the job, as he should, are dwindling.  But I'm still pretty sure of my "shutup" list of candidates people keep tossing around who are clearly never getting the job (Benedict Cumberbatch, Helen Mirren, Russell Tovey, Rupert Grint, and David Tennant).  I'm pretty sure that whoever is chosen, we're going to be completely surprised and have no idea who this guy is.

Who knows, they might cast some no-name hipster who looks like Davey Havok.
So I'm going to try to find a live feed of the BBC to watch around noon my time when the special airs.  I'll have a response on Sunday, and then I'll be doing some research on whoever it is once its announced.  I'll watch as much as I can of this new actor, and put together a book report.

Let's just hope they don't screw this up.

I would kill Steven Moffat slowly with a straight razor.

No comments:

Post a Comment